A. The most expensive Broadway shows are Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (Parts 1 & 2), Hamilton, The Lion King, Frozen and Wicked.
- What is the most expensive Broadway musical produced?
- Is Lin Manuel Miranda rich?
- What's the longest running Broadway musical?
- What is the oldest Broadway theater?
- Is Hamilton the most successful musical ever?
- Who was the best Phantom on Broadway?
- What is the number one show on Broadway?
- Is Idina Menzel rich?
- How much money did Lin Manuel Miranda make off of Hamilton?
- How much do Hamilton dancers make?
- Who started Broadway?
- What was Disney's first Broadway musical?
What is the most expensive Broadway musical produced?
“Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark”, the musical based on the legendary comic superhero, is the most expensive production in the history of the theatre.
Is Lin Manuel Miranda rich?
So, what's his net worth? It's estimated at $80 million, per Celebrity Net Worth. A three-time Tony Award, three-time Grammy Award, two-time Olivier Award, and two-time Emmy Award winner, Lin-Manuel Miranda earned just about every professional accolade there is.
What's the longest running Broadway musical?
The Phantom of the Opera
The longest-running show in Broadway history officially opened on January 26, 1988 and is still playing at the Majestic The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical won 7 1988 Tony Awards® including Best Musical.
What is the oldest Broadway theater?
The Lyceum is Broadway's oldest continually operating legitimate theatre. Built by producer-manager David Frohman in 1903, it was purchased in 1940 by a conglomerate of producers which included George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. In 1950, the Shuberts took ownership of the theatre, and have operated it ever since.
Is Hamilton the most successful musical ever?
1. Hamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway's number one smash hit since its release. The show is performed with a unique combination of rap and song.
Who was the best Phantom on Broadway?
Crawford reprised his role on Broadway in 1988, winning a Tony Award for his performance. In 1991, 1,300 performances and three and a half years later, Michael Crawford left The Phantom of the Opera. He will always be known by fans of the musical as the original and best Phantom.
What is the number one show on Broadway?
1. The Lion King. The throne of Broadway musicals belongs to The Lion King, a show that is the adaptation of the famous Disney animated film and has been recognized on numerous occasions as the best musical of all.
Is Idina Menzel rich?
She has garnered encomiums from fans and critics for illustrating Shelby Corcoran in 'Glee' – a musical comedy-drama TV series. As of 2022, Idina Menzel's net worth is estimated to be roughly $16 million.
How much money did Lin Manuel Miranda make off of Hamilton?
By far, Miranda's largest paycheck has come from “Hamilton: An American Musical.” As one of the original cast members, not to mention the writer, composer and lyricist for the show, Miranda earned $6.4 million annually while starring as Alexander Hamilton on Broadway.
How much do Hamilton dancers make?
How much does a Backup Dancer make in Hamilton, NY? The average Backup Dancer salary in Hamilton, NY is $34,542 as of December 27, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $28,473 and $42,817.
Who started Broadway?
A Brief History of Broadway. In 1750, Thomas Kean and Walter Murray opened one of the first theatres in New York City on Nassau Street. It was large enough to hold 280 patrons and the actors performed Shakespearian plays and operatic theater.
What was Disney's first Broadway musical?
Beauty and the Beast
The musical was the first Broadway adaptation by Disney, based on the 1991 animated film by Linda Woolverton and with music and lyrics by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman and Tim Rice.